In the last mountain bike race of the season, the 16 riders of Moab Red Devils mountain bike team came second out of 20 teams in their Division Three category. Overall, 65 Utah high schools competed in Cedar City on the weekend of Oct. 18 and 19, fielding 2,078 student riders – the league’s biggest event in its seven-year history. On the last race of his high school career, Elijah Topper earned the most points for Moab and took 16th place in Varsity Boys. On the podiums, Ryder Murdock took third place and Aiden Baird took seventh in Boys Junior Varsity B, while Jackson Sorensen took seventh place in Boys Junior Varsity A. The two female team members also excelled: Cora Baird placed 22nd among Freshman Girls, and Ariann Child, in Junior Varsity A Girls, was the team’s third-highest points scorer.
- It’s here: what now?
- “It’s a ghost town”
- Breaking: Salons close, overnight accommodation restrictions loosen under revised order
- Coronavirus arrives in Grand County
- Breaking: No evictions in April, Utah Gov. says
- Arches, Canyonlands close due to COVID-19
- Updated: Four positive for COVID-19 in Utah's San Juan County
- Updated March 25: Grand County-area coronavirus closures, cancellations and policy notices
- Don’t go hard: Moab rock climbers, bikers asked to stay low-risk outdoors
- The View: Grow a victory garden