Mary Elizabeth Santangelo passed away unexpectedly on April 6, 2021, due to complications from an underlying health condition. She was serving as an intern with the Big Sky Watershed Corps in western Montana after recently graduating from Utah State University—Moab. Mary was slight of frame, but feisty and strong in so many ways—physically as well as of heart, spirit, conviction to others and the natural world. Hard-working and talented, her love of horses was infectious and her greatest joy. Quick with a laugh, ever eager to be helpful, and with a love of sunshine, rain and mountains is how she will be remembered by her many friends and loved ones. Private services will be held at a later date.
- Rocky start for luxury rail line: Denver-to-Moab service advances despite legal dispute with county
- Flash flood in Pack Creek: Wildfire burns increase likelihood of flooding
- RV camping to support workforce housing?: Council considers solutions to Moab’s critical employee housing shortage
- Grand Junction draws water from the Colorado: Drinking water pulled from river due to drought
- City of Moab offers sandbags, debris clean up after flooding
- Walnut Lane, Highway 191, transportation discussed at July 27 City Council meeting
- The Mutt of the Week: Gary!
- Utah politicians oppose nominee for BLM head: Pols cite Stone-Manning’s involvement in criminal action
- Moab takes a breather after record-breaking spring: 2021 shaping up to be busiest year on record for parks, businesses
- Pack Creek Fire is 100% contained: Experts begin assessing rehabilitation needs